- Anything goes in the Unlimited Division as long as it passes safety inspection and meets The Broadmoor PPIHC’s general competition rules. The Unlimited Division features some of the most exotic vehicles in the world, and most are specifically built for The Broadmoor PPIHC. These racecars have the best chance of setting an overall course record. Record: 2018 Romain Dumas, 2018 Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak – 7:57.148
Time Attack Division
The Time Attack Division is for production based two and four-wheel drive vehicles. Eligibility is restricted to close-bodied four-wheeled vehicles.
Time Attack 1 Class
- This class features highly modified and specialized production based race vehicles. Record: 2018 David Donohue, 2017 Porsche GT3R – 9:37.152
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport Pikes Peak Hill Climb Trophy by Yokohama
- Making its debut on Pikes Peak this year is the first official one-make Porsche category, exclusive to the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport in four variants: Clubsport, Clubsport Trophy Specification, Clubsport MR, and Clubsport 2017 IMSA GS. Record: 2018 Travis Pastrana, 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport – 10:33.897
Pikes Peak Challenge Car Division
Established is 2014, the Pikes Peak Challenge Division encompasses a wide variety of class options.
Open Wheel Class
- The traditional racecars on Pikes Peak with appearances ranging from Indy style sprinters to dune buggies. Open Wheel racers have competed in every running of The Broadmoor PPIHC since the inaugural race in 1916. Record: 2017 Clint Vahsholtz, ’13 Ford Open– 9:35.747
Pikes Peak Open Class
- These cars may look like stock cars from the outside, but major modifications can be done to their engines, transmissions and suspension. Record: 2018 Peter Cunningham, 2018 Acura TLX GT – 9:27.352
- In keeping with the mission statement of The Broadmoor PPIHC, specifically to “demonstrate advancements in the practical application of motor sports technology,” the race encourages competitors with vehicles that do not meet the technical specifications of PPIHC sanctioned divisions and classes to enter in the Exhibition Class. While there are no records for this class because of its exhibition status entries are eligible for recording an overall course record.