The PPIHC will be conducting five testing days (June 8, 9,14,15 and 16) for competitors who have been invited to participate in the 2019 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. Each testing day will have a maximum number of car/motorcycle participants and registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Testing Registration Opens: November 15, 2018
Testing Registration Closes: May 10, 2019 (5:00pm MST) (If not sold out)
Dates and Run Times:
- Saturday, June 8, 2019 (5:00-8:30am) Car Testing
- Sunday, June 9, 2019 (5:00-8:30am) Car Testing
- Friday, June 14, 2019 (5:00-8:30am) Motorcycle Testing
- Saturday, June 15, 2019 (5:00-8:30am) Car Testing Sold out June 15 Lower, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for waitlist
Sunday, June 16, 2019 (5:00-8:30am) Car TestingSold Out, please contact email@example.com for waitlist
NOTE: Gates close for highway access at 5:00am all days. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Cost: Cars and Motorcycles: $1,000 per day
(Includes six credentials/passes for access to the testing sessions)
Slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis and must include complete registration and payment. If you register and pay for testing but are not invited to compete in the 2019 Event, you will be issued a refund.
Sections/Testing Schedule: For the test, the entire course will be open (weather and road conditions permitting) and divided into two sections. There will be no full course runs on the road on any testing day. Participants can only sign up for one section per testing day.
- Lower Section – Start Line to Glen Cove
- Upper Section – Glen Cove to the Summit
Car Testing Days: June 8, June 9, June 15, June 16 (5:00am-8:30am)
- Cars – Lower Section (Limit – 15 vehicles)
- Cars – Upper Section (Limit – 15 vehicles)
Motorcycle Testing Day: June 14 (5:00am-8:30am)
- Motorcycles (Limit – 30 motorcycles)
- The specific format of the day will be determined once the signup deadline has passed and the total number of participates is known. Motorcycle competitors will have an opportunity to make numerous runs on both sections throughout the session.
- All competitors will receive a total of six testing credentials and/or passes (one per competitors and five for additional crew/team members) to allow access through the Gateway during each testing day. No one will be allowed through the Gateway without a testing credential/pass. The credentials will be mailed to competitors three weeks prior to the test date. It will be the competitor’s responsibility to distribute the credentials to the appropriate crew members/team members. Competitors who sign up for both testing weekends and/or more than one day, will get multiple sets of six credentials mailed to them (one set for each day). If there are unique circumstances that require you to have more than five crew members on Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain for the test, please contact PPIHC directly (at least two weeks prior to your testing day) to purchase additional credentials. No additional credentials will be distributed to teams/competitors within eight (8) business days leading up to the test day.
- All competitors are bound by the official 2019 PPIHC Rule Book.
- Everyone must sign a waiver before they are allowed through the Gateway (each day).
- Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain Highway Officials will lock the Gateway at 5:00am. No one will be permitted to enter after that time. The Start Line will be shut down at 4:50am. No one will be allowed past the Start Line after that time. It is the competitor’s responsibility to be in their assigned area prior to the Start Line shutdown at 4:50am. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If you designate a credential to a member of a media organization and/or a marketing team member who would like to take photos or cover testing from areas outside of your designated pit area, that person must contact the PPIHC to be properly identified. Please have them contact Megan Leatham at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than eight (8) business days prior to the testing day. No access will be allowed outside of designated areas unless pre-approved by the PPIHC eight (8) days prior to the testing day.
- Technical inspections will be made for safety requirements only (per the 2019 PPIHC Rule Book). We will not judge as to the legality of each vehicle for the race.
- Competitors assigned to the Upper Section will be allowed through the Gateway at 4:00am and will have a driver/rider meeting at Glen Cove at 5:00am.
- Competitors assigned to the Lower Section will be allowed through the Gateway at 4:15am and will have a driver/rider meeting at the Start Line at 5:00am.
- No one is permitted to stand, spectate, or view the tests from outside the competitor’s designated pit area and the starting and finishing points of the assigned testing section: Start Line, Glen Cove, Summit (subject to change based upon weather), unless approved by PPIHC.
- All vehicle race numbers must be large enough for course officials and observers to see. No vehicle will be allowed to test if the race number is not visible.
- All vehicles in the test must have a visible number on both sides of the vehicle (for timing purposes). If the timers cannot see your number, you will not receive a time.
- There will be no duplicate numbers allowed for any 2019 car competitors during the 2019 test.
- There will be no duplicate numbers allowed for any 2019 motorcycle competitors during the 2019 test.
- There are no guaranteed testing refunds. Refunds will be issued automatically only if a competitor does not receive an invitation to participate in the race.
- There will be no changes allowed to competitors, vehicles, or the testing list, five business days prior to the testing day.
- No waitlisted individuals will be added within five days of the test date if a competitor drops from the testing list.
- Unsanctioned closed-course testing on Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain 13 days prior to Race Day is prohibited.
- The owner of each designated testing slot (to be determined when registering) is the only person allowed to withdraw and/or request changes to the vehicle/competitor for that slot.
- Owners/Competitors cannot give or trade their testing spot to other Owners/Competitors.
- No substitute drivers will be allowed to participate in the testing days. Only the registered driver/rider may participate in the test.
|June 8/9 Testing Days||June 14/15/16 Testing Days
|Testing Registration Deadline (if not sold out)||May 10, 5:00pm MST||May 10, 5:00pm MST|
|Deadline for requesting access outside of designated areas||May 29, 5:00pm MST||June 5, 5:00pm MST
|Deadline for requesting additional credentials to be distributed||May 29, 5:00pm MST||June 5, 5:00pm MST
|Deadline for changes to the testing list||June 3, 5:00pm MST||June 7, 5:00pm MST
|Final testing list sent to timing/scoring||June 5, 5:00pm MST||June 10, 5:00pm MST
- No motor homes allowed for competitors or crew members.
- Car Competitors – Maximum combined length of tow/support vehicle and trailer is 60 feet. Each car entry will be limited to one (1) support vehicle during all Practice days. No additional vehicles will be allowed without prior approval.
- Motorcycle Competitors – Combined length of tow/support vehicle and trailer cannot exceed 30 feet. Each motorcycle entry will be limited to one (1) support vehicle during all Practice days. No additional vehicles will be allowed without prior approval.