2021 PPIHC Testing
The PPIHC will be conducting five testing days (June 5, 6, 11, 12 and 13) for competitors who have been invited to participate in the 2021 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. Each testing day will have a maximum number of participants and registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
Testing Registration Opens: November 12, 2021
Testing Registration Closes: May 7, 2021 at 5:00pm MST (If not sold out prior)
Dates and Run Times:
- Saturday, June 5, 2021 (5:00-8:30am)
- Sunday, June 6, 2021 (5:00-8:30am)
- Friday, June 11, 2021 (5:00-8:30am)
- Saturday, June 12, 2021 (5:00-8:30am)
- Sunday, June 13, 2021 (5:00-8:30am)
NOTE: Gates close for highway access at 5:00am on all days. NO EXCEPTIONS.
$1,000 per day, price includes six (6) passes for access to the testing sessions.
Slots are available on a first come, first served basis and must include complete registration and payment. If you register and pay for testing but are not invited to compete in the 2021 event, you will be issued a refund.
For the first weekend (June 5 & 6) of the test, the entire course will be open (weather and road conditions permitting) and divided into two sections. Participants can only sign up for one section per testing day. Each section will be limited to 15 competitors. There will be no full course runs on the road on any testing day.
- Lower Section – Start Line to Glen Cove
- Upper Section – Glen Cove to the Summit
For the second weekend (June 11-13) of the test, the entire course will be open (weather and road conditions permitting) and divided into three sections. Participants can only sign up for one section per testing day. Each section will be limited to 15 competitors. There will be no full course runs on the road on any testing day.
- Lower Section – Start Line to Glen Cove
- Middle Section – Glen Cove to Devils Playground
- Upper Section – Devils Playground to the Summit
- All competitors will receive a total of six (6) testing passes, one (1) per competitor and five (5) for additional crew/team members, to allow access through the Gateway during each testing day. No one will be allowed through the Gateway without a testing pass. The passes will be mailed to competitors three (3) weeks prior to the test date. It will be the competitor’s responsibility to distribute the passes to the appropriate crew members/team members. Competitors who sign up for both testing weekends and/or more than one day, will receive multiple sets of six (6) passes by mail (one set for each day). If there are unique circumstances that require you to have more than five (5) crew members on Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain for the test, please contact PPIHC directly at least two (2) weeks prior to your testing day. No additional passes will be distributed to teams/competitors within eight (8) business days leading up to the test day.
- All competitors are bound by the official 2021 PPIHC Rule Book.
- Everyone must sign a waiver before they are allowed through the Gateway (each day).
- Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain Highway Officials will lock the Gateway at 5:00am. No one will be permitted to enter after that time. The Start Line will be shut down at 4:50am. No one will be allowed past the Start Line after that time. It is the competitor’s responsibility to be in their assigned area prior to the Start Line shutdown at 4:50am. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If you designate a pass to a member of a media organization and/or a marketing team member who would like to take photos or cover testing from areas outside of your designated pit area, that person must contact the PPIHC to be properly identified. Please have them contact Alex Feeback at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than eight (8) business days prior to the testing day. No access will be allowed outside of designated areas unless pre-approved by the PPIHC eight (8) days prior to the testing day.
- Credentialed media are not permitted to attend practice unless they have been given a pass from a competitor.
- All Rookie Competitors who have signed up for testing must attend a mandatory testing meeting which will be held via Zoom approximately two weeks before the first testing day.
- All Veteran Competitors who have signed up for testing must watch a pre-recorded testing training video that will be sent via email prior to the first weekend of testing.
- Technical inspections will be made for safety requirements only (per the 2021 PPIHC Rule Book). The PPIHC will not judge as to the legality of each vehicle for the race during testing weekends.
- Competitors assigned to the Upper Section or Middle Section will be allowed through the Gateway at 4:00am and will have a driver meeting at Glen Cove at 5:00am.
- Competitors assigned to the Lower Section will be allowed through the Gateway at 4:15am and will have a driver meeting at the Start Line at 5:00am.
- No one is permitted to stand, spectate, or view the tests from outside the competitor’s designated pit area and the starting and finishing points of the assigned testing section: Start Line, Glen Cove and Devils Playground, (subject to change based upon weather), unless approved by PPIHC.
- All vehicles in the test must have a number on both sides of the vehicle (for timing purposes) large enough for course officials and observers to see. If the timers cannot see your number, you will not receive a time.
- There will be no duplicate numbers allowed for any 2021 competitors during the 2021 test.
- There are no guaranteed testing refunds. Refunds will be issued automatically only if a competitor does not receive an invitation to participate in the race.
- There will be no changes allowed to competitors, vehicles or the testing list within five (5) business days prior to the testing day.
- No waitlisted individuals will be added to any testing sessions within five (5) business days of the test date.
- Unsanctioned closed-course testing on Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain thirteen (13) days prior to Race Day is prohibited.
- The owner of each designated testing slot (to be determined when registering) is the only person allowed to withdraw and/or request changes to the vehicle/competitor for that slot.
- Owners/Competitors cannot give or trade their testing spot to other Owners/Competitors.
- No substitute drivers will be allowed to participate in the testing days. Only the registered driver may participate in the test.
- Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain is a no-smoking campus from the Gateway to the Summit. Smoking (cigarettes, cigars, or e-cigarettes) are allowable in personal vehicles only and all ashes, butts, etc. must remain in the car. Marijuana remains illegal.
Testing Day Pit Requirements:
- No motor homes allowed for competitors or crew members.
- Maximum combined length of tow/support vehicle and trailer is 60 feet. Each entry will be limited to one (1) support vehicle during all testing days. No additional vehicles will be allowed without prior approval.