- The Unlimited Division features some of the most exotic vehicles in the world, many purpose-built for the PPIHC. These racecars hold the best chance of setting a new overall course record.
Record: 2018 Romain Dumas, 2018 Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak – 7:57.148
Time Attack 1
- The Time Attack 1 Division includes modified and specialized production-based two and four-wheel drive vehicles. Eligibility is restricted to close-bodied four-wheeled vehicles and must maintain their original OVM configuration as delivered pertaining to air/fuel delivery, number of cylinders, number of drive wheels and drive wheel location.
Record: 2020 David Donner, 2019 Porsche GT2 RS Clubsport – 9:36.559
Porsche Pikes Peak Trophy by Yokohama
- This exciting one-make division is open exclusively to the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport Models.
Record: 2018 Travis Pastrana, 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport – 10:33.897
- The traditional racecars on Pikes Peak with appearances ranging from Indy style sprinters to dune buggies. Eligible vehicles are single engine, single seat, open wheeled and open cockpit with either a front or rear engine and may be two- or four-wheel drive. Open Wheel racers have competed in every running of The Broadmoor PPIHC since the inaugural race in 1916.
Record: 2020 Clint Vahsholtz, 2013 Ford Open – 9:35.490
Pikes Peak Open
- These cars may look like stock cars from the outside, but major modifications can be done to engines, transmissions and suspension. Vehicles must be based upon a model built by a recognized manufacturer and the exterior body pieces must be identical in appearance to the original production vehicle. Aerodynamic devices and wings are allowed.
Record: 2019 Peter Cunningham, 2019 Acura TLX GT– 9:24.433
- In keeping with the mission statement of The Broadmoor PPIHC, specifically to “promote and demonstrate advancements in the practical application of motor sports technology and automotive engineering,” manufacturers and builders are encouraged to enter prototype or preproduction vehicles. While there are no records for this class because of its exhibition status, entries are eligible for recording an overall course record, or attempting specific former class records, if their vehicle passes Technical Inspection under the rules of those former classes.