FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: May 31, 2022
• Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Revs Up for June 24th Street Festival
• Nitro Circus Freestyle Motocross Demo to Take Center Stage
• OPTIMA Batteries Fast 15 Autograph Session with Top Qualifiers
Colorado Springs, CO – For two years, one of the most popular summer festivals has been missing from downtown Colorado Springs, due to the global pandemic, but The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, brought to you by Gran Turismo is eager to roll out this signature event once again. The hub of Fan Fest is located at Pikes Peak Avenue and Tejon Street, but the action and excitement stretch for blocks in all directions.
The free, family-friendly street fest brings race cars, drivers, action and excitement to the heart of the city for all to enjoy.
Mark your calendar and don’t miss a minute of the fun!
WHAT: Fan Fest, presented by Toyo Tires and Michelob Ultra
WHEN: Friday, June 24 – 5:00pm to 9:00pm
WHERE: Downtown Colorado Springs
Schedule of Events:
- Be the first to grab your 100thRunning apparel and the Official 2022 Souvenir Program at the merchandise tent.
- Cheer for the jaw-dropping stunts performed by riders of the Nitro Circus Freestyle Motocross Demo, courtesy of Sam & Kathy Guadagnoli
- Meet the OPTIMA Batteries Fast 15 qualifiers for the 100thRunning in the OPTIMA Batteries Fast 15 Alley with a fan autograph session from 6:00-7:00pm.
- Join your friends in the Michelob Ultra Beer Garden
- Watch Cub Scouts compete in the Council Pinewood Derby!
- Look for photo opportunities and giveaways!
ABOUT THE PIKES PEAK INTERNATIONAL HILL CLIMB
First staged in 1916, the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is the second oldest race in America. The invitation-only event, often referred to as The Race to the Clouds is held annually on the last Sunday of June on Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain, near Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA. The famous 12.42-mile (20 km) course consists of 156 turns, boasts an elevation gain of 4,725 feet (1,440 m), and reaches a finish line at 14,115 feet (4,302 m) above sea level. The PPIHC’s automobile categories feature a wide variety of vehicles representing multiple forms of motorsport; everything from production-based Time Attack challengers to purpose-built Open Wheel racers and state-of-the-art Unlimited vehicles take on America’s Mountain pursuing victory. The 100th Running of this iconic motorsport event will take place on June 26, 2022.
Director of Operations